So I was hungry one night and decided to boil some potatoes and I'd add some seasonings and enjoy. One thing lead to another and I was dumping in lentils, corn, curry, chipotle seasoning and ended up with a nice spiced mashed potatoes recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
Curried Mashed Potatoes with Lentils and Corn
Servings: 2 (or one hungry blogger)
6 - fingerling small white potatoes cut into thirds.
1 - sweet potato cut into small chunks
1 C - dry red lentils
1/2 C - organic sweet corn
1 Heaping T. - tomato paste
Curry powder, Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime, and black pepper to taste.
1. Cut up potatoes and sweet potatoes
2. Boil about 4 C water in the pot, or enough to cover the potatoes.
3. Add both types of potatoes and lentils to the boiling water and boil until soft...15-25 minutes.
4. Once finished boiling open the lid and dump in 1/2 C organic corn. Allow corn to sit in the water for a minute or two to heat through.
5. Dump pot contents into a colander to drain water and then pour into a large bowl.
6. Mash well with a fork until well mixed and potatoes no longer contain large chunks. Add spices and tomato paste and mix again, tasting to get the mix of seasonings how you prefer.
Eat and enjoy!!