1. I boiled one serving of "boil in a bag" brown rice (bought it in Sweden so the portion size was 125g or just a little over 4.4 oz.) for 10 minutes.
2. As rice cooked, I opened 1 can of no-salt-added black beans and drained them, chopped 2 stalks of celery, and also assembled the blender.
3. Once rice finished I took it out of the boiling water and set aside, added about 1/4 of a ten oz bag of thawed frozen corn and peas each to the hot water along with the can of beans. I threw in the celery and boiled this mixture about two to three minutes.
4. Next I transferred 1/3-1/2 of the heated veggie mix to the blender, after straining off the water, with about 1/3 cup leftover tomato sauce and blended until smooth. Approx. 15-20 seconds.
5. To assemble: I opened the bag of hot rice into a large bowl, poured the veggie gravy on top, added remaining veggies and seasoned to taste with black pepper and Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning blend for a chipotle kick. You could also use red chili flakes, cayenne pepper and a little cumin. I wanted a southwest style flavor to mine.
Grabbed a fork and enjoyed a yummy meal in about 15 minutes or less.
Who wants to join me for dinner? (I ate the salad course in the buffet prior to this for a nice well-rounded dinner)
Bring a fork and I'll see you soon - Ciao, Trish