Amazing Raspberry Vanilla Mug Muffin (Gluten Free, Vegan, No Added Oil, but you'd never guess it!!)
I am so excited to tell you that today I adapted a baking recipe to be gluten free, low fat and plant based and it tasted AMAZING. The recipe I used was for a mug cake, but mine turned out like a muffin and I'm so happy it did. Less sweet, great taste, really filling. It was enough for two muffins really. Wow. I'm in love and it was 99% healthy.
• 1 T fruit purée. You could use applesauce, I used a fruit blend of apples and berries.
• 1 flax egg replacer (1 T flax seed, 3 T water set aside to let thicken. Edit: I was using weird spoons that can read 1 t. or 1 1/2 t. depending on how full you level it. So in reality my flax egg was 1 T + 1 1/2 t. ground flax and 3 T + 1 1/2 t. water
• 1/2 to 1 t. Vanilla. I used 1 t.
• 1 T maple syrup or sweetener of choice.
• 1/4 C GF all purpose baking flour mix (I used Bob's Red Mill)
• 1 t. Baking powder
• 1/8 t. ground cinnamon
• 2-3 T frozen raspberries (or other berry)
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the fruit. Whisk until batter is just smooth and then gently fold in the fruit. Don't over mix.
Pour the ingredients into a tall mug. Too small and it will overflow. Fill mug only half full. Use two mugs if necessary.
Microwave times really vary and the muffin will rise a lot. I cooked mine for 2 minutes and checked it. Still looked too wet so I went another minute checking at each 30 second mark.
After cooking I took it out and saw that the muffin was pulling away from the sides of the mug and had a proper muffin crumb texture. After it cooled a minute I ran a knife around the edge of the muffin and popped it out into a bowl. It was definitely enough to be cut in half for two muffins and I ate the whole thing!!! So amazingly non gluten free tasting and texture!!! lol